Migrate DNS From Squarespace to AWS Route53
If you have a domain with Squarespace and would like to transfer it to Route53, the following steps will show you how.
It took me quite sometime to do it, and I hope this write up saves your time.
Steps to follow :
- Create a Route53 hosted zone
- Take note of the created NS and SOA (don’t edit) in Route53
- Copy the four namservers from Route 53 and paste them in the Squarespace advanced DNS
- ‘Create Record Set’ in Route53. Alias -> no. Copy and paste the Ipv4 addresses from Squarespace (Website defaults)
- Decrease TTL of NS record in the hosted zone 1m - 15m in AWS Route53
- Copy and paste the MX Records from Squarespace to new record set with ‘MX’ type for email configuration
- Wait 2 days for TTL to expire. After 2 days, increase the TTL ()
- Monitor traffic, if unusual revert back to squarespace NS